At Echo Lake our program is exciting, diverse, and offers something for every child to sink his or her teeth into! We offer extensive opportunities in each one of our four core activity areas: Athletics, Creative Arts, Aquatics, and Outdoor Adventure Activities.
Instruction is hands-on and is age and skill level appropriate for each camper.
Our program is developmentally progressive, meaning that the program changes as the child grows up at Echo Lake in order to keep their instructional needs met and their excitement level peaked.
With our high level of instruction and supportive encouragement not only will campers be able to grow in the activity areas that they currently love and excel in but campers at CEL are exposed to new activities as well.
Our caring staff work hard with our campers to encourage them to try new things and step out of their comfort zone programmatically. Through a mix of group activities, elective activities, clinics, intercamps, and tournaments, campers have a variety of ways to enjoy activities as a novice or in high level competitive situations.
Activities Offered at Echo Lake
The following activites are available to all ages, in both group and elective experiences:
The Echo Lake Developmentally Progressive Program Journey
Junior Camp – Entering 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th Grade:
- Primarily group programming to promote positive group dynamics and sense of community
- Campers exposed to all areas of camp to help foster new interests
- Attention to basic and higher skill building
- Nurturing staff help campers build self confidence, act as respectful community members and establish foundations for life-long friendships
- Campers begin to develop a sense of personal independence and resilience
Inter Camp – Entering 6th and 7th Grade:
- More elective programming so campers can pursue interests on a deeper level
- Increased number of tournaments and intercamps for all skill levels
- As the oldest campers on main camp, Inters take on leadership roles in their community
- Staff are attentive to changing social dynamics of pre-teens
Senior Camp – Entering 8th, 9th and 10th Grade:
- Elective-based program so campers can enhance current skills/passions and explore new activities
- Community based environment that promotes a low-pressure, healthy co-ed experience
- A summer experience that helps campers bridge the gap from childhood to adolescence
- Leadership opportunities including, fundraising for the Echo Lake Idea and leading Friday Night Services
4n4 – Entering 10th Grade:
- Program that promotes exploration of oneself, one’s peers and the Western United States!
- Stops include Lake Powell, Grand Canyon, Zion National Park, Las Vegas, Arkansas River, Aspen, San Francisco, Yosemite National Park, Bryce Canyon
- Opportunity to get to know and challenge yourself and your peers mentally, physically and emotionally
- Perfect balance and the best of both worlds - the chance to be at camp and out west with your best friends, all in one summer
Leaders in Training (LIT’s) – Entering 11th Grade:
- The capstone experience to the Echo Lake Journey
- A close-knit and supportive group of life-long friends
- The ultimate leadership experience: Learning to lead in a safe environment without fear of failure and serving as role models to younger campers
- Community service opportunities that compliment the camper experience